Development of India is not feasible until the women of India are made equal partners in reforming and transforming our country.
With this goal in mind, the Narendra Modi led government has conceived and implemented policies and programmes that provide an integrated model for women-led development.
The objective of this book is to present an integrated model of women-led development which can bring about a transformation in the society and our country. The book documents various initiatives taken by the government and gives an account of four transformational years of our country.
Transforming India — Pgs. 7
Foreword — Pgs. 9
1. Empowered Women, Empowered Country — Pgs. 15
2. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao — Pgs. 21
3. Empowering Every Girl Child — Pgs. 40
4. Nutrition and Healthcare — Pgs. 49
5. Swachh Bharat, Swachh Vidyalaya — Pgs. 57
6. Swachh Bharat : Women-led Development in Action — Pgs. 69
7. Maternity Benefits — Pgs. 77
8. Ujjwala and GiveItUp — Pgs. 93
9. Saubhagya — Pgs. 103
10. Sab Ka Saath, Sab Ka Vikas — Pgs. 108
11. Women and Self-Employment — Pgs. 113
12. Stand Up India — Pgs. 122
13. Jan-Dhan Yojana and Women — Pgs. 132
14. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and Women — Pgs. 139
15. Conclusion — Pgs. 144
Vivasvan Shastri is a seasoned IT executive with 18 years of industry experience playing multiple roles as a software engineer, product management, product marketing and general management. He has a global experience of leading teams in Europe, China, Latam and India. His motto in life is ‘Be Good, Do Good & Have Fun.’
Vivasvan Shastri is a yogi and student of history and politics who takes inspiration from Eastern philosophies. He considers Swami Vivekananda as his guru. He also plays the role of an editor for a children’s magazine Balabharati.
He can be reached through:
Yesha Bhatt will be a first time voter in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Yesha is student of literature at St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad and is very passionate about the role that women can play in development of our society